We contribute to learning about society
Our goal is to contribute to learning about the Slovak and Czech society and how it changes, and the problems that Slovak and Czech households are facing. We focus on realization of large-scale sociological surveys , instant polls and data analysis. The surveys provides our clients and the general public insight into researched issues.
MEDIAN SK is publishing the results of election preference research yet again in the upcoming months. The post-election period is traditionally devoted to optimizing and creating the election model in such a manner that it provides the most relevant data regarding election support.
We are pleased that the pre-election period in spring 2016 our election models, together with the agency AKO, were among the most accurate on the Slovakian market. Weakening support of parties SIET and KDH, introduction of new parties such as SME Rodina – all were a correct estimate of election trends. Please see analysis of accuracy on page 45 in the following report:
We have managed this also with the help of extensive methodics and meticulous inspection of interviewers.
In field of a political and social research MEDIAN SK Ltd. carry out , among others, the following types of research in the Slovak and Czech Republic:
- Major international či academic research (e.g. UNDP Roma Survey 2011 SK a CZ, MIDIS SK a CZ, Violence Against Women, Czech Household Panel Study, ESS CZ, ISSP CZ, etc.)
- Topical, instant and electoin polls for major forms of Czech and Slovak media (RTVS, ČT, ČRo, MF DNES)
- Research in high schools (for AV ČR, Člověk v tísni), job opportunities for university graduates (Univerzita J.P. Šafárika etc.)
- Independent election poll implementing an optimized long-term methodology
- Social campaigns monitoring and surveys on specific issues for NGOs g. Nadace Sirius, Glopolis, Člověk v tísni, Hate Free)
- Internal strategic research for NGOs, government institutions and universities
- Secondary analysis of sociological data (data analysis from socially excluded areas, perception of foreigners and immigrants and such.)
- Research into specific professions and populations (e.g. A Czech journalist in a comparative perspective)
- Qualitative research with experts (e.g. In forming public political activities)
Ongoing election research
The company MEDIAN SK regularly monitors the support of Slovakian political parties. The research results provide not only the election model, but also information about the declared election attendance, development of support of parties and election potential..
Currently the agency is updating the methodics based on experience with the elections into the 2016 Slovakian National Council and soon will renew publishing of continual election surveys.
Last Press Release: december 2015 (PDF 1224 Kb)
Methodology of ongoing election research
In-field data collection entails in-person interviews by trained interviewers. The respondents are selected using quota selection in randomly selected areas of the Slovak republic. The sample is representative of a population aged 18 and above relevant to socio-demographic features (region, age, education, size of place of residence) and other indicators influencing election preferences (employment status, age x education, intensity of Internet usage, previous election behaviour).
The election model is an approximate estimate of the most probable result of a hypothetical election into the Slovakian National Council, provided they happen during the course of interviews. It is not possible to perceive it as a prediction for elections held in the future. It results from the preferences of those respondents who would attend the elections and know who they would vote for.
Motivation of Slovakian voters – research during the course of election days into the Slovakian National Council
When and according to what did the voters decide who to vote for in the March elections into the National Council? Where did the SMER voters dissapear to? What is behind the advancement of SAS? What were the strong points of Kotleba’s LSNS – were they really only about immigration? How did the voters evaluate the leaders of individual parties and their competencies to address issues burdening Slovakia? The answers to these questions can all be found in the research reports for RTVS conducted by MEDIAN SK on the pre-election Friday and election Saturday
The report also includes an analysis indicating that MEDIAN SK was one of the two agencies whose election researches were on par with election reality a month before the actual elections. Other election models were much less successful in that given time:
Ad-hoc political and themed researches
Please follow the links in the Further Information section for political and themed ad-hoc researches